Banishing rituals

Lichtträger

Banishing rituals

Post by Lichtträger »

Looking for recommendations for banishing rituals as the lesser banishing ritual of the pentagram does not quite do the trick anymore. Or, it does, but for such a short time anymore. I am not looking for mere suggestions about putting some salt into the doorway, lighting a candle, touching some crystal or some other shallow stuff like that but real rituals. Intensity is the key as that is how the entities work.
GreatOldGeek
Keeper

Re: Banishing rituals

Post by GreatOldGeek »

Are you saying that magic rituals have actually worked for you in the past? I know that a lot of people believe that magic works, but I have yet to see any hard evidence of magic actually working. By hard evidence, I mean repeatable, verifiable outcomes that are more than people just feeling like the ritual worked.
Lichtträger

Post by Lichtträger »

Really? By the same token, should one lock you up in a psychiatric ward since you think things around you spells out 'help me'? I asked for recommendations, not someone to come and act as if they are better than others.
GreatOldGeek
Keeper

Post by GreatOldGeek »

I'm not implying I'm better than anyone - I'm genuinely curious if you have experienced repeatable and verifiable rituals that have effects. I want to know more if that's the case. I have never experienced such a thing, so I was curious. My post was not mean to upset you. I'm sorry if it did.
Lichtträger

Post by Lichtträger »

What is proof enough for you, especially in a world where such things aren't studied particularly in the way that you want to be proven right? Either you want a study which will not be funded by anyone or anything. Or, you are one of those who will only believe if, for instance, a spirit appears right in front of your face, you can physically touch it, get three wishes granted, and whatnot else that you, in your mind, think would be proof enough. And yet, you end up unsatisfied. Indeed - no matter what kind of answer I would give in here, you would call me a liar. No matter how much of it is my own perception, my own experience, proven scientifically, or whatever else.
PsychicSidekick

Post by PsychicSidekick »

Lichtträger wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 5:25 am Looking for recommendations for banishing rituals as the lesser banishing ritual of the pentagram does not quite do the trick anymore. Or, it does, but for such a short time anymore. I am not looking for mere suggestions about putting some salt into the doorway, lighting a candle, touching some crystal or some other shallow stuff like that but real rituals. Intensity is the key as that is how the entities work.
I don’t have much experience with banishing stuff, especially not beings or entities. However, I do contain stuff on a regular basis (mostly cursed/haunted objects). The trick is basically to use some kind of storage in a material with certain properties. I mainly use boxes made of birch (it supposedly blocks outside - or in my case, inside - unwanted forces). I used to rely on rowan boxes, but for some reason, I’ve felt more drawn to birch lately - but rowan works well enough. I hear hawthorn’s good too. This could of course be combined with magic sigils etc; I’ve never experienced the need personally with these comparatively innocent objects. I don’t know if this helps at all, but there you have it.
Cian
Keeper

Post by Cian »

Feelings aside, may I offer an alternative approach? Instead and definitely before diving into new means of approaching the problem, one might wish to inquire what exactly rendered the previous means insufficient. If we were to look at the previous ritual as a type of motor that so far has been sufficiently running, we might wish to ask what are the elements that have changed, either inside or outside of it. This is how one may find which components should be replaced - some tuned up, some, perhaps, tuned down, etc. I recommend this so as to not simply grab a next, albeit more powerful instrument and yet grope around in the dark without having learned from previous experiences.

Also, shortly put, if you were to give us more detailed information about a) the ritual previously used and b) the issue it was used for, it would be essentially easier for the experts available here (if I may call anyone an expert in these matters, but I am sure you catch my drift) to lend aid, instead of beating blindly around the burning bush.
"Small gods retreat to the only place remaining - the dreaming human mind." [M.Ostling]
Israfil_Azariah
Keeper

Post by Israfil_Azariah »

Good evening,
concerning the banishing rituals I am familiar with the uses of the Christian tradition. I am also aware of other traditions but on those I could't give you first hand reports and thus I would't want to advise something I am unsure about.
In order to banish there are two components, I would say: the exile of the Unwanted and the following purification. They both require moral and spiritual straighten even though focused in a slightly different way.
Since the banishing rituals interact with the non-physical influences which are, often but not always, linked with the fiends, I would resort to powerful "media": objects, words, prayers charged of enormous spiritual\religious potential, depending on your faith.
I understand why the Lesser Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram is an asset for those who begin the path od ceremonial magic, but- as you say- at a certain point and with certain impure adversaries the LBRP is not enough. The synthesis "In the Name of God, the God of Yisrael" (...) and so on is, according to my experience, powerful but- alas-not enough. But this is complex.
This is just a preliminary theoretical view. I would need some more details on what you require- if you would be willing to tell us more without annoyance- to provide you with a more detailed opinion. I prefer to be cautious when it comes to this.
Thank you for your attention
Lichtträger

Post by Lichtträger »

Angels are my issue. More or less all of them, both the angels and the fallen ones. Years ago it started as an occasional nightmare that one might group together with the thought of "I just researched this so my brain is trying to process that exact thought" but it isn't that anymore. Hasn't been in a long time. I have tried to ignore it, tried to learn from it, understand it. Tried to search for explanations so far figured out by mankind, only to be excluding one explanation after another as they just don't fit. This is what is left.

I see what certain angels see. I see the bloodshed, the banishing of the fallen angels, the pure power, specs of what some might call Heaven, more bloodshed and horror for all angels are warriors.

Now, for the LBRP. I'm not 'just starting' ceremonial magick but as long as it mostly was just the fallen angels bothering me, that did the trick. Everything was peaceful for a while until it all started to seep through again, indicating a need for yet another ritual. Now, though, that I see more often from others' perspective as well, it fails to work. The peaceful time is even a shorter period of time and it doesn't work for everyone. Can't quite fight fire with fire in a metaphorical sense even when that metaphor is bullshit since one can indeed fight fire with fire. You catch the trick though - you can't quite ask Michael for help when you try to banish Michael.

However, I don't know what I would do if everything would be one day totally gone. While this chaos makes me go crazy, so would complete blindness too as I am somewhat used to it by now.
Cian
Keeper

Post by Cian »

A curious question that might or might not lead to anything, but you mention dealing with both angels and fallen angels, but what about the ones known mainly by the term "neutral angels"? Any encounters?
"Small gods retreat to the only place remaining - the dreaming human mind." [M.Ostling]