Banishing rituals

Lichtträger

Re: Banishing rituals

Post by Lichtträger »

Cian wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:52 pm ... but what about the ones known mainly by the term "neutral angels"? Any encounters?
Care to elaborate what or who you consider "neutral" angels as people seem to have differing definitions for such?
Cian
Keeper

Post by Cian »

Ofc.
What I meant by neutral angels is based on the most popular folklore text definition of them being the angels that remained passive during the biblical great war in Heaven which resulted, as is well known, with the angels supporting God and fighting on his side remaining the (true) angels, the ones fighting against God and on Lucifer's side becoming the "fallen angels" (often also labelled as demons, but still of the same substance as their victorious brethren) and the ones who took neither side, remaining passive, were, by orthodox beliefs of the time, also cast out of Heaven but not banished to Hell but remained in a place quite inbetween both realms and were later often considered emissaries between the Heaven and humans, helping the humans against evildoers (mainly aforementioned fallen angels) and bringing them close to Heaven.

Long story short: there is believed to be a third type, more human than the rest, and a lot more inclined to aid humans, which, as you might guess, leads to my inkling of an idea that you might, perhaps, try fighting fire with fire?
"Small gods retreat to the only place remaining - the dreaming human mind." [M.Ostling]
Lichtträger

Post by Lichtträger »

Of those neutral ones, I have only had the 'pleasure' of seeing through Azrael's so called eyes but I can't exactly say that the angel of death would leave anyhow pleasant feeling behind. Otherwise, none of them seem to come through - for the better and worse. Perhaps those could be of some help but I have to research that a bit further. Thank you.
Cian
Keeper

Post by Cian »

No problems. And if necessary, I can always send over some materials, the one I've lately been working on for an article of mine has some fascinating takes on the matter (hence probably my inkling).
"Small gods retreat to the only place remaining - the dreaming human mind." [M.Ostling]
Lichtträger

Post by Lichtträger »

Cian wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:42 pm No problems. And if necessary, I can always send over some materials, the one I've lately been working on for an article of mine has some fascinating takes on the matter (hence probably my inkling).
Do send them if you will. Always a pleasure to look through them.
Cian
Keeper

Post by Cian »

Have sent you a PM.