Relic(?) giving off a physical sensation

DeepDiver
Novice

Relic(?) giving off a physical sensation

Post by DeepDiver »

Okay, I had this weird realization last night. I went out drinking, I needed to be surrounded by people and familiar settings and silence my brain. I went to a place where the bartender knows me somewhat, it felt safer for some reason.

So I got drunk as intended, sitting at the bar just letting the loud music wash away my thoughts. I felt the base beat in my chest when I realized I recognized that feeling. I mean, of course I do, I do events for a living, but from the wrong place.

I wrote about this disk-shaped object we found when diving in my introductory post. Feeling the music beat in my body last night made me realize that was the exact feeling I had when holding that object. Except then, there was no sound - just the sort of pulsing beat in my chest. I don’t know why I haven’t remembered that before, maybe it just didn’t seem significant at the time and with the search for my partner taking over my world, I haven’t reflected much on that.

Is this a thing that could happen? I’ve read about the kinds of stuff you have posted here, and I’m not sure what to think. Can a relic like that really give you that kind of physical sensation, or is it me imagining things?

As for the object, it was a round, palm-sized thing in metal or stone, some intricate carvings adorning one side. I think it was runes or some such symbols, but honestly that’s not my forté, so I can’t tell you more than that. Come to think of it though, we should have taken some photos of it. I’ll try to find our diving camera.
PsychicSidekick

Re: Relic(?) giving off a physical sensation

Post by PsychicSidekick »

Physical objects can absolutely affect you in different ways. I've encountered objects that gave me headaches and nightmares. Not instantly, but slowly after a while. Those objects have been haunted or cursed; I'm not sure if that's the case with this object though. However I would be very interested to see any pictures you might find.
DeepDiver
Novice

Post by DeepDiver »

So, I found the camera, but there was nothing in it. I figured Brian might have uploaded them to the computer without telling me (which would be strange since we usually do that together while talking about the dive), but they weren't there either. The entire outing - the photos from the surface, the photos of the fabulous drop-off formations underwater, the photos of the boat we found, there's nothing.

I wish I was one of those people with photographic memory now... If I knew someone's life might be depending on it I would have payed a lot more attention in history and Swedish when we learned about runes. At least then I would be able to tell if that was actually what the markings were. I mean, it looked like it in some ways, it had the swerwing kind of pattern of rune stones, but the signs didn't seem as simple as the ones you see on them.
Terry Devlin

Post by Terry Devlin »

I had similar issues with my camera some weeks ago.
It's so bad that you haven't any picture or drawing, I could have helped you identify the object.
As for archeology, most relic I've hold have never made me feel the way you just described. Elated, happy, excited, ecstatic, yes but no strange pulsing and beating. Could it be some kind of electromagnetic resonance? Interesting

Wishing you the best of luck,$
Regards,
Terry Devlin
"If I do not burn, if you do not burn, if we do not burn, how then will darkness become light?"
-Nazim Hikmet
Murka

Post by Murka »

I've met things that give me like, vibes, sensations, it's hard to describe. Some at my grandmother's, and some lately at Prof B's place... My parents always told me I was a sensitive child, and like, I pick up all the stuff that's called magnetic storms or "bad days" like my grandmother calls them - they're not all magnetic storms, some are from her old orthodox calendars.

Sorry I don't know if that's relevant.
When you love somebody, tell them. Tell them now.
Professor
Keeper

Post by Professor »

It is exceedingly common to sense paranormal objects and activities as something more or less physical. Most people ignore the signals, of course, but I would expect people in here to pay more attention to them. Dive into them and feel them thoroughly. Look into what it is, and what it means to you.

Sensations from an object indicate that it is either strongly abnormal and active, or that it is something of great personal significance to you (possibly both) – and paying good heed will help you figure out if it is one or the other, and in particular, if it is something hostile or helpful.

Common sensations are (locally or all over) tingling, humming, buzzing, a feeling of pressure or darkening, temperature changes and faint sounds (rarely smells or visual effects, but it happens). There are trends as to which sensation means what for most people, but as often as not there are individual variations, so do not count on the lexicon to give you a fireproof answer. One man’s benign ghost is another’s maddening hellspawn.

You need to investigate your own feelings to figure out exactly what means what. If you are not sure which it is, treat the object/place like it is hostile or dangerous. Most often you will even be right.

Now, if you could have limited yourselves to one thread about sensations instead of two in parallel, I would not have had to double-post, but there you have it.